From The Viking Age Compendium
Welcome to The Viking Age Compendium
The Viking Age Compendium contains our ongoing research into the material culture of Viking Age Britain. The Compendium details the kinds of items and clothing worn by people living in, or possibly visiting, Britain between AD 800 and 1100.
Our articles are all largely works in progress and each is given a completion rating out of 5. If you are aware of any missing information, or any errors, then please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you find the information here helpful.
Gavin and Louise Archer
- April, 2018 - Round Shield Designs : Progressing this page by adding images and additional types.
- April - December 2017 - Regiapædia : Spent most of 2017 creating a new wiki site for Regia Anglorum's members.
- March, 2017 - Buckets & Barrels : Uploaded new images of Buckets.
- February, 2017 - Ringed Pins : Uploaded new images of Ringed Pins.
- January, 2017 - Catalogue of Archery Evidence : Major update including many images.
- November, 2016 - Viking burials found in England: A major update, adding references and images.
- October, 2016 - Round Shield Bosses and Shields found in Britain: Starting the process of cataloguing and creating a typology.
- September, 2016 - Household:A new major study in progress. Buckets, Ladles, Frying pans, Skillets & Gridirons have been started so far.
- August, 2016 - Museums:Added some photos from Tullie House and National Museum of Scotland.
- July, 2016 - Sword Scabbards:Added museum and manuscript photos.
- April, 2016 - Illuminated Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts 900-1066AD:A major update to one of our original pages. Still checking for errors and adding links to online sources.
- March, 2016 - Period Photo Gallery for Regia Anglorum:To supplement the Regia Anglorum Authenticity Guide that we wrote last year
- February, 2016 - Museum photos uploaded from Yorkshire Museum, Lincoln The Collection and Kings Lynn Museum
- See all Research News
From the Web