From The Viking Age Compendium
Welcome to The Viking Age Compendium
The Viking Age Compendium contains our ongoing research into the material culture of Viking Age Britain. The Compendium details the kinds of items and clothing worn or used by people living in, or possibly visiting, Britain between AD 800 and 1100.
Our articles are all largely works in progress and each is given a completion rating out of 5. If you are aware of any missing information, or any errors, then please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We hope that you find the information here helpful.
Gavin and Louise Archer
- May, 2020 - Started uploading photos from Aachen Cathedral Treasury
- March, 2020 - Creating a new set of pages 15 Viking Graves
- February, 2020 - Started uploading photos from The Museum of Cultural History in Norway
- October, 2019 - Updated Sword Scabbard Chapes by comparing Androshchuk 2014 and Paulsen 1953.
- August, 2018 - Axes found in Britain, Spears found in Britain, Swords found in Britain & Shields found in Britain : Added loads of new images and a few additional finds.
- August, 2018 - Added a few images from Wisbech Museum in Cambridgeshire.
- July, 2018 - Shrewsbury Museum : Added a new sword and spear.
- April, 2018 - Round Shield Designs : Progressing this page by adding images and additional types.
- April - December 2017 - Regiapædia : Spent most of 2017 creating a new wiki site for Regia Anglorum's members.
- March, 2017 - Buckets & Barrels : Uploaded new images of Buckets.
- February, 2017 - Ringed Pins : Uploaded new images of Ringed Pins.
- January, 2017 - Catalogue of Archery Evidence : Major update including many images.
- See all Research News
From the Web