Category:England, Cumbria: Eaglesfield
From The Viking Age Compendium
|England, Cumbria: Eaglesfield|
More sites pages
See also Viking burials found in England
- Status- Accepted [Richards 2004]:p.193 [Wilson 1976]:p.394 Possible [Edwards 1992]
- Type- Mound Burial [Richards 2004]:p.193
- Find date- 1814
- Bodies- Male skeleton
- Dated to- ?
- Museum- Black Gate Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Grave goods
- Axe or Spear (LOST). Oiginally described as a halbard 11" long. Cowen and Edwards both suggests that it might have been a spear? [Cowen 1948] [Edwards 1998]:p.19
- Fibula? (LOST) - L:5" Ring-headed pin?
This category currently contains no pages or media.